This USB-C to SATA Converter Cable connects any standard 2.5-inch SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive (SSD), any 3.5-inch SATA hard drive, or any 5.25-inch optical drive (CD-ROM, DVD-RW, etc.) to a computer through its USB-C port. It's ideal for backing up files or upgrading a notebook to an external hard drive.
It supports USB-C 3.0 speeds up to 5Gbps. No extra power is required for 2.5" drives and a 12 VDC power adapter is included for 3.5" HDDs and 5.25" ODDs. It supports all 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD, BLU-RAY DVD, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW Combo devices via SATA connector.
Simply plug the SATA converter into the internal SATA drive, then plug the USB-C cable to your PC. The converter will allow the drive to be recognized by your computer as a USB device, the same as if you had installed it into an external enclosure.
- Supports speeds up to 5Gbps
- Easy and quick access to external storage
- No extra power required for 2.5" HDDs/SDDs
- 12 VDC power adapter included for 3.5" HDDs/SDDs and 5.25" optical drives
- Fully compatible with USB 3.0 and backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- Supports computers with Type-C formats to externally connect internal drives without the need for an enclosure
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7/8/10, Mac OS X