Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable, 2 Meter Length
Our Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort extension adapter is the perfect solution for hooking up your new generation Macbook, Macbook Pro, or Macbook Air to a monitor or HDTV that has DisplayPort input. This is a great solution because they are the same technology, as such you have no compromise as far as resolution or signal quality. Another common application of this cable is for the new 27" iMac which has Mini DisplayPort input. This cable can be used to connect to a display port source to the 27" iMac Mini DisplayPort input and use the iMac as a display.
Cable is compatible with Apple Mini DisplayPort products and will be in Apples typical gloss white color to match your Apple products.
Incompatibility Issues: Certain customers have reported incompatibility with the HP LP2475w and HP LP2275W monitor. We have had two separate reports that the screen jitters and shakes and makes it unusable. We also have reports that it works fine. There are also reported errors with NEC Monitors: PA241W-BK, PA241W-BK-SV, PA271W-BK and PA271W-BK-SV. These monitors will work with the cable, but have reported issues with waking from sleep. These problems are due to an incompatibility between the monitor and Apple products, not the CA cable. Our cable is manufactured according to DisplayPort specifications. If you are going to be using any of these monitors we can only refund the cost of the cable upon return, not the shipping charge because this is a disclosed issue at the time of purchase.
DisplayPort is a new technology that is looking to replace DVI and VGA as a video connection. The DisplayPort cable is notably smaller than both of these technologies and includes a snap-lock connector to make connecting and disconnecting simple. DisplayPort will most likely become the new standard for high end video equipment and Circuit Assembly has taken the initiative to be one of the first to manufacture this new technology for its customers. It is capable of carrying a high bandwidth digital audio and video signal.
- 8.64 Gbit/s forward link channel supports high resolution monitors up to 2560x1600 with single cable.
- 8B/10B data transmission (up to 2.7 GHz symbol rate, up to 4 lanes, 8B/10B modulation)
- Open and extensible standard to help with broad adoption.
- Supports color depth of 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 bits per component.
- Full bandwidth transmission (2560x1600p60)
- DisplayPort connector assists in blind connection.
- 128-bit AES display port Content Protection (DPCP) support, and support for 40-bit High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) from version 1.1 onwards.
- Supports internal and external connections so that one standard can be used by computer makers reducing costs.
Want to resell this product? Contact us for information on discount pricing and generic or re-branded cable.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This cable works just as I expected, and now that I'm using the DisplayPort on my monitor instead of converting the Thunderbolt/Mini Display port on my MacBook, I get sound through the speaker jack on the Asus monitor.
The cable and connectors look durable and of good quality.