Extend DVI over One Strand of Fiber Cable -- up to 3,280 feet (1km) away
The DVI FM1000 Extender extends your DVI display up to 3,280 feet (1km) away from your video source, with only two tiny transceivers required, using a 100% optical SC fiber solution with a single strand of fiber optic cable.
Automatic EDID Programming enables quick and correct synchronization of the video source to the display without any manual configuration needed. It's a great way to extend DVI video easily and unobtrusively.
How It Works
The DVI FM1000 Sender unit plugs into a DVI port (either a computer source or another device transmitting a DVI signal). The DVI FM1000 Receiver unit plugs into a DVI display. A single strand of multimode SC fiber optic cable connects the sender to the receiver. Power is connected to the FM 1000 receiver using the 5V wall adapter and crisp, vibrant DVI video appears on the DVI display.
Optical signal transmission provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI)
The distance that video can be sent will depend on the resolution of the signal being sent:
- 1920 x 1200 will be extended up to 300m (990ft)
- 1600 x 1200 will be extended up to 500m (1,650ft)
- 1280 x 1024 will be extended up to 1000m (3,280 ft)
This product uses EXT-PS5US-1.3 for its power supply.
- Extends DVI up to 5600 feet (1.7 km) over a single-strand of OM3e/OM4 (50/125µm) multimode fiber optic cable
- Extends DVI up to 4950 feet (1.5 km) over a single-strand of OM3 (50/125µm) multimode fiber optic cable
- Extends DVI up to 3300 feet (1 km) over a single-strand of OM2 (50/125µm) multimode fiber optic cable
- Extends DVI up to 1640 feet (500 meters) over a single-strand of OM1 (62.5/125µm) multimode fiber optic cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI-compliant monitors
- Uses single-strand multi-mode SC-terminated fiber optic cable
- EDID Programming feature enables quick and correct sync of source to display
- Fiber cable provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Eliminates computer noise at your workstation
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-D 19-pin, female (digital only)
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-D 19-pin, female (digital only)
- Link Connector (Sender / Receiver): (1) Type SC Fiber connector
- Fiber Cable: CAB-1SC-XXX (62.5ì multi-mode)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to +50 deg C
- Storage Temperature Range: -30 to +70 deg C
- Storage Relative Humidity: 10% to 85% RH
- Power Supply (Receiver): 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 2.5W (max.)
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 2.6" D x 1.6" W x 0.6" H
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.