This is our premium display port cable. This can be used to connect newer model laptops, PC's, and display port equipped video cards to some of the new Dell, and HP DisplayPort monitors. display port the superior video display technology because it is capable of transmitting both audio and video and video can be displayed at the full 2560x1600 resolution.
DisplayPort is a new technology that is looking to replace DVI and VGA as a video connection. The DisplayPort cable is notably smaller than both of these technologies and includes a snap-lock connector to make connecting and disconnecting simple. display port will most likely become the new standard for high end video equipment and Circuit Assembly has taken the initiative to be one of the first to manufacture this new technology for its customers. It is capable of carrying a high bandwidth digital audio and video signal. Our cables are built to last with a rugged nylon polybraid protecting the exterior. These braid is available in black over our CA green cable or green to match the cable color.
- 8.64 Gbit/s forward link channel supports high resolution monitors up to 2560×1600 with single cable.
- 8B/10B data transmission (up to 2.7 GHz symbol rate, up to 4 lanes, 8B/10B modulation)
- Open and extensible standard to help with broad adoption.
- Supports color depth of 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 bits per component.
- Full bandwidth transmission (2560×1600p60) for 3 meter cable.
- DisplayPort connector assists in blind connection.
- 128-bit AES display port Content Protection (DPCP) support, and support for 40-bit High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) from version 1.1 onwards.
- Supports internal and external connections so that one standard can be used by computer makers reducing costs.