Mini DisplayPort Female to DisplayPort Male Adapter Cable
The female to male DisplayPort adapter is used for connecting a PC top Apple’s Cinema Display. The achieved performance is incredible, and there will be no issues with regards to signal quality or resolution. The cable has a length ranging from 1 meter to 5 meters or 3 ft to 15 ft, and supports data transmission rates of 8B/10B.
This cable has been reported to have issues being used with ATI 57XX and 58XX series video cards. We've contacted ATI about this problem and they have expressed that this is a known issue with their video cards and they do not plan on fixing it.
- 8.64 Gbit/s forward link channel supports high resolution monitors up to 2560x1600 with single cable.
- 8B/10B data transmission (up to 2.7 GHz symbol rate, up to 4 lanes, 8B/10B modulation)
- Open and extensible standard to help with broad adoption.
- Supports color depth of 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 bits per component.
- Full bandwidth transmission (2560x1600p60)
- DisplayPort connector assists in blind connection.
- 128-bit AES display port Content Protection (DPCP) support, and support for 40-bit High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) from version 1.1 onwards.
- Supports internal and external connections so that one standard can be used by computer makers reducing costs.
If you are a reseller wishing to retail this product please contact us for information on discount pricing and non-branded cables.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This cable is amazing! If your computer has display port capability and video card capable of handling high resolution this is the perfect cable . This cable if for PC users who want to use a cinema display but since no windows computer generally has mini display port you can convert the cinema display for the full display port which is generally available on most computers.
P.S. If you are a PC user, don't get a thunderbolt display! Get a cinema display! Thunderbolt technology hasn't really caught on in windows so anyone wanting to use thunderbolt display on their PC is wasting money as generally most PC don't support thunderbolt technology. As many people like me wanted a Apple display (great finish) for their PC, cinema display is the way to go as all you need is an adapter to change the plug type.
product did what it said , the best thing about it was the service from Circuit assembly.
ordered from Australia and product arrived in 3 working days as stated . thanks
Works perfectly to connect a desktop Windows PC to my Apple mDP display. Also, the shipping was amazingly fast. Ordered it on Friday. Had it on my desk *in New Zealand* on Monday. Thanks!